The year 2018 was a massive run for dance music. To take a look back and reflect on the trends and moments that defined this year, 1001 Tracklists has just released its report called ‘A State of Dance Music’, that aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the tracks and sets that defined 2018. Diving deeper into the numbers and sharing with never before seen insights, they compiled a series of charts and rankings that visualize achievements across all genres.
According to the report, over 36,000 tracklists were uploaded in 2018. That’s 20% more than 2017 and almost 100 sets every day.
Traditional House music was the most popular style, followed by Progressive (16%), Trance (14%) and Electro (13%); and obviously, the most played track in 2018 was the Grammy-nominated track “Losing It” by FISHER. Camelphat duo occupies the second and the third spot with “Panic Room” and the “Right Here, Right Now” remix. The below list indicates the top 10 most supported tracks (check the full list here).
1001 Tracklists 's Top Tracks Of 2018 :
- FISHER – Losing It [Catch & Release]
- AU/RA & CamelPhat – Panic Room [Loudmouth]
- Fatboy Slim – Right Here, Right Now (CamelPhat Remix) [Toolroom]
- Valentino Khan – Lick It [Spinnin’]
- David Guetta & Martin Garrix & Brooks – Like I Do [What A Music]
- Steff Da Campo & SIKS – Make Me Feel [Hexagon]
- Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa – One Kiss [Columbia]
- DJ Snake & MERCER ft. Jermaine Dupri – Let’s Get Ill [Geffen]
- Zonderling & Don Diablo – No Good [Hexagon]
- Illyus & Barrientos – So Serious [Toolroom]
You can read the entire study with the Top Tracks By Genre, here.
- Photo Credit: Katie Laskowska