Where can I find more information about this process?
To find more information about this process, you can refer to various sources. Firstly, our DIY Musician’s Blog offers detailed insights on this topic. Additionally, Spotify’s support center is another valuable resource that provides further information about this process. Furthermore, for guidance on selecting a smart release date, you can access additional information here.
When should I submit my single for distribution and playlist consideration?
To ensure smooth distribution and increase the chances of playlist consideration, it is recommended to submit your single for distribution at least 2 weeks prior to your planned release date. This timeframe allows ample time for the distribution platform, such as Spotify, to process and make your music available to listeners.
Moreover, if you are seeking playlist consideration, it is crucial to submit your single at least 15 days in advance of your release date. This allows playlist curators and editorial teams the necessary window to review and potentially feature your track on their playlists. By adhering to this timeline, you maximize your opportunities for playlist placement and increase the visibility of your music upon release.
What should I do if this is my first release on Spotify?
If this is your first release on Spotify, there are a few important steps to follow. Firstly, you will need to wait for your first release to go live before you can claim your artist page. This means that once your music is available on the platform, you can take ownership of your artist page to personalize and manage it.
Additionally, it’s essential to understand that in order to have your music considered for playlist placement, you will typically need to have more than one release. This means that after your initial release is live, you should plan for subsequent releases to have a better chance of being considered for playlist features.
So, as a first-time release on Spotify, make sure to patiently wait for your music to go live and then promptly claim your artist page. Furthermore, strategize your next releases to increase the likelihood of being considered for playlists on the platform.
How do I claim my Spotify For Artist page?
To claim your Spotify For Artist page, follow these steps:
2. Once logged in, navigate to the “Tools & Promotion” tab.
3. Look for the box that is third from the left, labeled “Get Instant Access,” and click on it.
4. A new window will appear with a “Get Access” button. Click on it.
5. If you already have a Spotify account, sign in using your existing credentials. If you don’t have one yet, you’ll need to create a general Spotify account. It’s important to note that both Free and Premium Spotify accounts work with this feature.
6. Congratulations! You should now be inside your Spotify For Artist page. This page will grant you permanent access to your account. You can also log in via the URL https://artists.spotify.com/c/access/artist.
7. To confirm that you’ve successfully claimed your page on Spotify, make sure you see a blue checkmark indicating verification. This checkmark signifies that you’ve gained access to all the features available on a Spotify For Artist page.
If this is your first project being delivered to Spotify and you currently have no content on the platform, please note that you’ll need to wait for your initial release to go live before you can claim your artist page. You’ll have to await the release of your second project in order to submit your music for playlist consideration.
What is the process for distributing my single on Spotify?
The process for distributing your single on Spotify involves several steps. First, you will need to sign up for a new release through a platform like LISTN DISTRIBUTION
. Once you have submitted your title, it will go through an inspection process which typically takes up to 5 business days.
After your single has been inspected and approved, you must ensure that it is marked as ‘DELIVERED’ on the relevant page in your LISTN DISTRIBUTION
Members account. This step confirms that your single is ready for distribution on Spotify.
It is important to plan ahead when selecting a release date for your single. It is recommended to choose a date that is at least 6 weeks in the future, but no more than 2 months from the date you submit your music for distribution. This allows ample time for you to effectively promote your music and also ensures that your chosen release date will be honored.
It is worth noting that if you make any changes to your single after it has been submitted, it will be removed from the inspection queue and will be placed at the back of the line. Therefore, it is advisable to thoroughly review and finalize your single before submitting it for distribution.
By following these steps, you can successfully distribute your single on Spotify and begin reaching a wider audience with your music.
How can I submit new music directly to Spotify for playlist consideration?
To submit new music directly to Spotify for playlist consideration, follow these steps:
1. Distribute your music: Start by signing up with a music distributor service, like LISTN DISTRIBUTION
. Ensure that your single or album is uploaded and marked as ‘DELIVERED’ on the Spotify page within your LISTN DISTRIBUTION
2. Claim your Spotify for Artists page: Log into your LISTN DISTRIBUTION
account and navigate to the ‘Tools & Promotion’ tab. From there, you can follow the provided instructions to claim your Spotify for Artists page. If you don’t already have a Spotify account, create one.
3. Prepare for playlist submission: Once your music has been delivered to Spotify and your Spotify for Artists page is claimed, give it a few days for your release to appear in the ‘unreleased’ section of your Spotify for Artists account.
4. Submit your song for playlist consideration: When your music is visible in the ‘unreleased’ section, it’s time to submit it for playlist consideration. Follow Spotify’s instructions, which can often be found within the Spotify for Artists platform, to submit your song. Pay attention to any specific guidelines or requirements mentioned.
Note: It’s important to keep in mind that while following these steps can increase your chances of playlist consideration, it doesn’t guarantee that your music will be selected for inclusion on a curated playlist.